Monday, January 28, 2013

NETS

After reading up on NETS standards for teachers, students, administrators, and coaches, I was still left wondering what exactly are the standards?  I understand the foundation of the standards and why they have been developed  however I was left wondering about the down and dirty.  What exactly do students need to be able to do at specific grade levels?  I stumbled upon this site that clears up some of the unknown. However, only some of the unknown.  The use of "age appropriate" technology litters the grade level performance indicators.  This link http://blog.iste.org/ might be more helpful, although I have not yet been able to sift through all the contributors, I'm hoping at least a few are actually classroom teachers!

1 comment:

  1. I checked out the link with the list of skills for primary kids. I really think blogging encompasses them all.
    1. They use "input devices" such as computers/ iPads. 2. They use internet resources to research and post. 3. They are exposed to the terminology as they are directed and as they communicate to one another. 4. The app fits the need, but it is all posted on the blog. 5. They can collaborate in the classroom and from home. 6. They learn ethical behavior when interacting online AND you can monitor it. 7. Just having the technology in hand is practicing safe use. 8. Combining programs like animoto, they create and post "multimedia products". 9. It is literally communication of thoughts. 10. Blogging is conversational by nature.

    ReplyDelete